Monday, April 4, 2011

The Attack of the Mom-Jeans

<- Taken the weekend she ruined all of my non-mom-jeans - and still got a hug afterwards.


If you've seen this post, you know how elated I was with my first non-pregnancy jeans purchase after Melissa. Those were the best pants I'd ever had. Or at least it felt like it at the moment.

I still have them, but can't wear them anymore because of one itsy bitsy problem - the pounds I gained after stopping breastfeeding. It didn't happen overnight, so there wasn't one traumatic blow up, just me one day trying on stuff that used to feel baggy on me before and freaking out when they wouldn't close. And I know I'm not the healthiest eater, but I am NOT eating as much as I used to. Plus, I'm moving around much more too, chasing Melissa. So uuuuuurgh!

But *deep breath* okay, I guess it's part of life - so there I go, buying bigger jeans. I managed to still find my favorite style/brand, so it's all good. UNTIL dear little Melissa decided to puke (this little word doesn't even define the amount of damage she did) on not one, but TWO of my favorite pants. And when I say "favorite", I mean "only wearable ones".

Oh, panic, despair, and another trip to the mall (you might guess hubby's loving this saga). To my desperation, Spring has come and apparently it's against the law to have too many jeans on sale at this season. After all, everyone must only wear skirts, right? Um, what about toddler moms, who don't feel like showing their heiny on a windy park??

I do end up finding one pair that works - which happens to be skinny. I love it, but even though it's surprisingly comfortable, it's still skinny jeans, and in a very, very dark wash (an almost black navy blue). Which means my legs are overheated by noon.

Tired of spending money on pants at the mall, I go to Target and find this gem:
Mom-Jeans Extraordinaire! In all its glory with just the right amount of bagginess to make chores comfortable and the high waist to hide the post-baby belly (I know, still). I am not proud of this. And when I go out, I still try to wear the skinny jeans. But if you stop by, you might call Stacy & Clinton (from What Not To Wear) on me. Hey, that wouldn't be such a bad idea!

4 comments:

Jenner said...

That must have been one helluva puke to actually ruin two pairs of pants beyond repair!

Esther said...

Annie, you should try the brand, "Not Your Daughter's Jeans". They're cute jeans but give you support where you need it and fits right at your belly button.

Ms. Blasé said...

Sorry for all of the denim drama you're having. But in agreement with what Jenner said, your daughter must have some SERIOUS talent in the puking department because that's pretty amazing. Really, I am totally "woah" right now.

Betsy St. Amant said...

Me too! Nothing could get the puke out of the jeans? That's like a super power. Go Melissa! haha. Glad you found another pair. Maybe you should start wearing aprons =P

Post a Comment

If you have problems leaving a comment, PLEASE email me at anneblf@yahoo.com (blogger has been giving me problems lately). Can't wait to hear from you!