Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Too Much Mom Tuesday: Random Joy!

*Too Much Mom Tuesday: The post where I try not to say the word "mom" (except for now :)*

Oh I'm so glad someone in this world thinks I'm stylish (or my blog, at least - you wouldn't if you saw me in live action :).

Bless you, Ms Blase' (from The Unpopular Girl in Womanhood), for giving me such a joyful reason to post! Check out her blog, guys - it's one of the coolest out there.

So now, the tradition says that I'm supposed to list 7 random things about myself. I've done this once here, if you want to know 7 more :). But here's what I've got today:

1-I live in jeans. I'm a girly, dress-loving girl at heart, but in practical ways, nothing substitutes my jeans. But I only have 3; a dark and more fitted one for going out, my pregnancy one (which I used up to when Melissa was a year old) and a stay-at-home one, that wouldn't work for long walks because it'd need a belt (hence why it's so comfy :). And I'm extending my jeans habit to Melissa - instead of ruffle dresses, she gets the cutest glittered/embroidered pants ever.

2-I'm an aspiring novelist. Whew, I can't believe I just came out of the closet! I feel like I just told everyone I want to be a movie star. True, this isn't that much of an impossible dream, but it's still hard. Especially when you're the eagerest person in the world, who often can only be calmed down with chocolate.

3-I used to draw clothes when I was little. That's what I did during classes - my notebooks had more little princesses with tutu dresses than actual home/class work. I thought I'd end up going to fashion school, but I had little interest in sewing and even less in doing the math necessary to sew.

4-This blog is almost a year old! I just realized this last night, and still can't believe it. It feels like yesterday since I decided to document my mommy thoughts (after, at first, sending emails to myself haha - dorky, I know). What should I do to celebrate? Anything you guys would like me to post that I hadn't yet? Let me know!

5-I will never join twitter. I think Melissa already suffers enough with my addiction to this blog and facebook. I even tried posting random things that happen on facebook, just because I do enjoy reading other people's, but it doesn't feel natural to me. It just feels...random.

6-I need a diet that allows me to eat chocolate, bread and lots of meat. My three basic needs. Anyone knows of one?

7-I need to be done with this list before Melissa wakes up (if she hasn't already). This one is pretty self-explanatory.

Now, time to pass on the award! The first time I thought I need to choose 7 blogs, but I guess I can choose as many as I want. So here are the ones that first pop into my head:

Writer At Large

Mommyfriend

My Perfect Mess

The Linguists Logs

All of these are not only fun, but they are written by fantastic women. I wish I could have them all for coffee and chocolate cupcakes one day! I probably won't have time to notify you all right now, but will asap (unless you find that out here already :).

Now off to check on Melissa...

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Thank you!! :)
I need the same kind of diet!!

Mommyfriend Lori said...

Love ya baby, thanks so much! I LOVE getting to know all this wonderful stuff about you! I would love you to be a Twitter friend though!!!!

Ms. Blasé said...

1, 2, and 3 are like music to my ears! I wear jeans every day to work, have bodacious literary aspirations and spent so much time sketching clothes that I was considering attending the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York until, after taking multiple classes at my local fabric store, I realized how much I didn't like sewing :(

I hear ya, babe. Thanks for the blog love :)

Vanessa said...

Thanks Anne!! Super cool! I enjoy your blog too :) It's nice to read other mommies experiences and know we're not alone! :)

Betsy St. Amant said...

Thanks lady!!! I'm honored :)

Post a Comment

If you have problems leaving a comment, PLEASE email me at anneblf@yahoo.com (blogger has been giving me problems lately). Can't wait to hear from you!