Yessss, that's what it means - we did the big ultrasound last Thursday, and turns out baby #2 is a boy!!!
You know when you roll a dice thinking of a number, and then when it comes up you're like, "whoa, what were the odds?"
That's how I'm feeling right now. Not that my odds weren't good (50% :), but it just seemed like too much of a coincidence for me to want to have boy next AND actually have one. It's crazy. I'm still in awe of this.
I wanted a boy for so many reasons. Let me count:
- great excuse to buy more baby stuff (need blue this time! :);
- Melissa seems to have more fun playing with boys than girls - they crack her up;
- speaking of her, it might help Miss High Maintenance deal with the fact that someone else will receive attention (at least he won't steal her pink stuff);
- and, well, who doesn't want one of each?
It sounded like more reasons on my head, but the thing is, I'm just really happy about it. Seeing Melissa getting cuter every day makes me excited to see what other kid we can come up with lol. It's just so fascinating to watch someone develop.
Now, just because I'm on the subject of development (and to give each child equal blog time), I think it's valid to list some of Melissa's latest cutenesses:
- When we do something she enjoys (like throwing a toy in the air), the way she gets to make us repeat is by yelling: "On your mark, go!" Over. And over. And over.
- Since I like to tell her, "Are you my baby? Yes you are!", now she's been coming to me saying, "Are you my mommy?" :)
- She says "I love you"!! It sounds more like "I loww yoou", and comes with a hug. *tear*
- She likes to put an "s" to the end of words, so they sound more sophisticated. Water is now "waters" and her toy doggie is "doggies" (oh, and also "booger" is "boogers" lol).
- She says "thank you mommy" often (even to daddy :) - and speaking of that, she kinda trades off our "names" (mommy & daddy) from time to time.
I could go on, but I think I already put y'all through enough bragging.
On sort of unrelated news, we are in the process of moving to Texas (AND planning our trip to Brazil - this Thursday!!), so if I disappear (again), you know why.
Now all of you moms of boys, please tell me what I have to look forward to!